Winter.
It's chilly chilly here in the YZ. I have gotten some super special holiday cards this week and I appreciate them very much. Thanks for the love.
Things are status quo. This week I hosted Spelling Bee's in all of my older classes. It's funny how much they enjoy spelling words... or maybe they just enjoy the amazing prizes that I give... but the kids are really into it and it is fun to watch them think and cheer each other on. It isn't often that I see such peer support, but it is really reassuring to see the kids encourage each other.
Each night before bed I have been having visitors. The kids that live at school come up to hang out with me, play cards and have cookies and juice before going to bed. It's really sweet because they have on their long underwear pulled up to their belly buttons and are eating nasty smelling snacks and I like hanging out with them. It makes me less lonely to sit and play and enjoy their company, even though we can't really communicate in words. One little girl brought her Barbies and toys to school for the week so she could play them with me when she came up before bed... I haven't played with a Barbie in years!
I am in a really excited mood... have a hopefully stellar plan going on and will update you shortly if it is going to pan out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home