Not Quite Sure
I haven't blogged in awhile. Mainly because I have been pretty anti-China and try to not vent anger and frustration into my blogs. I have tried really hard to keep this a glass-half-full blog and talk about my experiences but try to talk about the positive aspects of everything. Anyhow, that's why I have been MIA lately. Nothing really positive to say.
To be quite honest, I am ready to leave. Not necessarily ready to go home, but ready to get the hell out of China. There are some things that I have really grown to love here and things that I know I am going to miss when I go home, but I think I have done enough. I am truly glad that I stayed this extra 6 months... because although life has been harder in a lot of ways, I have been forced to integrate more into China. I have become really good friends with Angela and Sam and their families and my students are just wonderful and make me smile. Pen pal mania is still going strong and we now have Swedish pen pals which is fantastic.
But while there are some great things, there are also a freaking ton of miserable ones. I have had some drama at school lately with having things stolen and then not being allowed to report it and the teachers being angry because I did anyways. As all of you know, it is frustrating to file police reports regardless of where you live, let alone doing it in another language and country. As you can imagine, my work environment has become a tad more uncomfortable...
Anyhow, no more gloriously upbeat blogs. Sorry but I just can't do it. Counting down the days til I can move on and out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home