Shanghai
This weekend Dyan and I went to Shanghai to shop and hang out. Arrived on Friday night, and after searching for cheap hotels from the internet we went to the hostel near the Bund. For dinner we had Pizza Hut and wandered Nanjing Road... Saturday we shopped and chilled and ate at Element Fresh (the best fresh food restaurant around) and Dairy Queen before we went to the XiangYang Market, full of copied name brand items and scored some cool shoes and North Face jackets. Dinner was fun, but more so because of our mode of transportation (in the next entry). It was an Indian buffet with unlimited beer! Sunday was a little more shopping and another trip to DQ before we took the Metro, train and bus home! Very cool that you can be in another world in only a few hours. Shanghai is a really fun place.
As I write this, I am listening to the pitter pat of rain... Well not really... my air conditioning unit leaks... maybe it is condensation, but it really sounds and feels like a monsoon is going on outside and pouring through the ceiling... any ideas on how to fix that?

1 Comments:
How much did you pay at Pizza Hut (based on a rough conversion rate)? I remember eating at a Hut in England, and the prices being the same numbers as you'd see in the U.S., except they were in pounds instead of dollars. I'd imagine China's Huts are much cheaper, right? How much for a personal pan?
Post a Comment
<< Home