Greetings
Just a quick update. I am in the lovely city of Yangshuo right now. One of the top ten places I have been in my life. Seriously this place is just lovely. Yesterday I kayaked down the Li River for a few hours, surrounded by mountains and rice fields and just immersed in beauty. Today I met a Spanish woman and we mountain biked through the hills and along the river for a few hours. It was amazing... Complete with typical me humor... I squatted down to take some pictures of the mountains being reflected in the rice fields and my pants split right down the ass... Which had Paloma in stitches and me with my ass on a hot bike seat. I bought a tablecloth in town and wrapped it around my waist for the rest of the afternoon. All of this in the middle of fairyland. The views were so much that we often just sat down and enjoyed the people working in the fields and water buffalos and the hot sun. I am stunned and know that I will be back here in my life.
My favorite find is this great new bar/hostel called Kaya. The owners are a young Chinese couple. He has dreads down to his bum and she is simply wonderful. We have become fast friends and I spend all my spare moments there. Tonight I am going to teach them how to make pizza for their restaurant... They have it on the menu but don't have much of a clue as to how to make it.
More than anything, I am refreshed as to why I am here and excited about traveling and enjoying the summer. Only 5 more weeks of class before I can do this again! I met some Peace Corps volunteers who live and teach here and they were amazing and have me really excited to do the Peace Corps/Public Health program... Life is good... and I had Guiness beer and banana pancakes and a burrito!
Lots of love- More to come.. and pics too:)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home