Pen Pals
I am going to do a pen pal program with 20 of my best kids from 5th and 6th grades and Aunt Sandy's 3rd grade class in Penns Valley. The 3rd graders will probably have way better English, but my kids are really excited to have foreign friends. One of the teachers even wrote a letter because she wants a friend in the US too! The kids all included photos of themselves also, which is very cute. Many of them are little glamour shots!
These little tidbits are too good to pass up. I know this makes me a really mean teacher, but they say the funniest little things when they are trying to translate from Chinese to English....
"My classmate and I have a friend. He is a dog. His name is Oliva."
"I have a dog. His name is Jack. He is very naughty but I very love it."
"My favorite color is blueness."
"My father is older than my mother but my mother is taller than my father."
"My father is very short but he is very clever."
"I like to eat beard, rice, egg and drink some mike."
"I am the only child in my family but my mother says Mary is also her child. Mary is my dog. I am very fat."
"I have a new bikes. I like new bikes. I don't like olb bikes!"
"I have two big eyes, two big ears, a big mouth and a big head."
Anyhow, they are silly and adorable. I think this will be hysterical. My mom's 3rd grade class did this with Aunt Sandy's class last year and they all loved it and wrote really funny things... I will keep you posted.
FYI- Most of these kids haven't ever had a hot dog or hamburger and just know that it is American so that is what they all wrote as their favorite food. Also, most of my kids are only children. A few have brothers or sisters, but some call their cousins their brothers/sisters.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home