Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Holiday Notes

So WHY are people buying trees today? No one wanted a tree before and they all thought I was insane when I set up a little one in the office... But the day after Christmas... everyone wants to buy a Christmas tree.

I got a gorgeous gift from one of my students. His name is Bert and he is cute and sweet and always tries to talk to me with his one liners. His mom picked up this cool statue in Shanghai and I love it. I need to go into my bag of tricks and find some fun things to give him for Christmas.

Spent my Christmas traveling 8 hours to get back to Yangzhong. The train stalled on the tracks for a few hours and I was shoved up next to some nasty sunflower seed spitting men.

On a messed up sleep schedule. And a snotty snotty cold.

36 more days of Yangzhong.

No New Years plans. Desparatly trying to find something to do.

May, a really sweet teacher, is back from 3 months in England. Her English is phenomenal and she is saying words like "rubbish" which is really funny. It's nice to have her back.

Not much else. It's really cold here...

more soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home