Bunnies



This weekend I got a bunny! It is a baby. Not sure if it is a girl or boy, how old it is or how big it will get. It was $1.20 on the street and my friend Kym got one too, so we are going to have play dates and bunny sitting nights so our bunnies have friends too! We were in Nanjing this weekend, which is about 2 hours away by bus, and so we bought them there on the street and put them in our jackets on the bus. They are really sweet and cute and my bunny loves ice cream already. We don't have ice cream here on the island so 4 of us bought one of those Vienetta ice cream cakes and ate the whole thing. And my bunny LOVED it.
Kym's bunny is Fredrick, and I have yet to name mine. Not sure who he wants to be yet.
The animal situation here is horrible, and I am not a huge animal lover, but it was a crime to see these animals in little tiny cages and really dirty and sad. There were cribs with about 15 puppies all piled in together, and the bunnies and kitties were in little tiny cages. We did our duty, and figure that the bunnies will have a great life for the next few months. I have a few students who I can give it to when I leave and be sure that he is not dinner or thrown out on the street. Or maybe I will stay on and keep Kym's bunny too.
Anyhow, more to come on my weekend but I just got home and am unpacking and making a little bunny pen in the corner of my room.
See ya.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home