Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sigh

I am worlds better today. lets see... last I wrote was about 36 hours ago....

Orange left to go to Nanjing, and I hid out for a day in my room. I watched The 40 Year Old Virgin, Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, Hitch and The Pacifier. Most were bad quality, like with people standing up in the middle of the theater. I ate a bag of skittles, some noodles that were a tad scary, but way better with garlic salt all over them, and then some amazing tea. It was just a random bag of dehydrated fruits and leaves.

This morning I finished unpacking, washed all my dishes and pots, took a bath ( i dont have a shower) with the floor heater sitting on the toilet ( i was very careful not to splash) and then put my pjs back on. Productive.

I went to the grocery store for some serious business after that... I bought my first hair dryer ever because my room is so damn cold. I bought slippers and a bathmat that are delightfully colored and tacky. I also bought some frozen unknown objects that i boiled and ate for lunch... these puffy bread dumplings... yummy. and lots of other fun things.

Then i called Dyan, the woman from New Zealand that lives here... She met me with her ADORABLE 5 year old, Kynesha and her husband Poli)... They moved here so their daughter could learn mandarin and now she is fluent. They have lived here for two years... They brought 2 venezuelan girls, two filipinos and a girl from Australia. We had dinner and bought badminton rackets and a gym membership for me and it was SO fun having friends and a posse. It was a tribe of all the foreigners on the island... like Survivor. Then they heard that there was another new American girl, so we found her school and pounded on her door. She was going out with her principal, but i have her number. The relief is setting in and I am just so happy to know there are other people here... We rode around town ( i have a bike from school) and found the KFC and TFC (knockoff kfc) and got cokes and cookies and now i am at a internet cafe because i dont have internet yet. Tomorrow we have a date to play some badminton... mmmm... my racket is pretty if nothing else...

All the older people in town dance outdoors every night in the square out front of my school, and there are fireworks, which are amazing... every night!

I also found yogurt and oatmeal and fruits and beer, which is really exciting and I got a bunch of cooking supplies from school. I also found the bakery and plant store and goldfish store and market place where I can buy some cool things to decorate my room.

So all is well. The guy next to me is singing "I want it that way..." Backstreet Boys prevail. And he is also playing DOOM online... mmmm...

Thanks for the love. I hope everyone is doing well.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger z said...

if you can find a copy, i'd suggest you watch "lost in translation." it'd be really appropriate. miss ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home