MOCKBA
SO last I wrote I was headed to the train station to commence my epic train adventure, but first I needed to buy an extension on my ticket to Yekaterinburg. Once I found out that it arrived late night local time, I didn't want to deal with finding a place to stay and getting around in the dark, so I decided to extend to Kazan, which would be arriving the next morning. Except train 339 from Chita to Moscow didn't stop at Kazan, so I bought the extension all the way through to Moscow. The only hinge was that I needed to move one car over in Yekaterinburg, which was easy enough.
The train... ahhhh... it was quite a humorous event. 88 hours is all documented into half of a journal, so have no fear, all of the good, the bad and the ugly is waiting to be turned into electronic prose so that you can get a good laugh out of all my shit while safe in your own homes.
We arrived at 4am. Note to self, and to all you public transportation folks out there... Don't plan on arriving in a shady train depot at 4am. Not only because I am cranky, tired and not too fun at 4am, but safety as well. Perhaps that is why there were no other backpackers on my train... mmmm.... Or maybe it is because it is -25 degrees C outside.
Anyhow, I didnt want to go outside randomly looking for a hostel at 4am, so I patiently waited out the 3 hours to sunrise with the lovely folks at the train station. By lovely I mean I witnessed 3 fights, a main being dragged out by his armpits, some minor clubbing by Moscow's finest and many a drunken stumble/curse/fall/etc. I had myself intertwined in my bag straps and kept my tired eyes open. Trying to avoid eye contact and look like a local. Hah.
Alas the sun did rise and I found an internet cafe really close to the train station where I am sorting out accomodations. Nice.
Have fun.
Me

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home