Bruised and Concussed
The guys went on a trip to see some Buddhist stupas and play in caves while I had a lazy day, reading and eating and drinking tea. I did that rotation a number of times before they came back at 4 and said that we were going to go sledding… Car sledding it turns out, where this local man had a sled tied to his bumper and we would take turns being pulled…. Sounds like a good idea, right? Unfortunately I actually thought it would be and didn’t think about the dangerous parts before I willingly got on the sled with two other people. It was really cold but really fun, however I think our weight wasn’t distributed right, because we were flying all over the place and sliding around while the other group had no mishaps. It took us falling three times before we called it quits, and only then because I smacked my head and face and blacked out, and David twisted his wrist. I came back pretty quick but had a smashing headache the entire evening and through the night. The next morning I had quite a black eye and a nagging headache. Pretty sure I had a concussion. My eye looks better 3 days later, but still pretty bruised up and the headache is better.

2 Comments:
your EMT friends are not amused. be careful!
"Fruitcakes in the kitchen... fruitcakes in the street... struttin' naked through the crosswalk in the middle of the week."
Sounds like you've officially earned the name, you crazy girl! xoxo
Post a Comment
<< Home