Day 1
So I said that yesterday was going to be Day 1, but since today is July 1, I think it will be easier to count the days by using today as Day 1... Here goes...
At 1416 hours, I am taking the train from Suzhou to Shanghai South, waiting for an hour, and then boarding a sleeper train to Yongzhou, a sleepy town in Hunan province, about 24 hours away by train... I love the train, so I am really excited to sleep and read and sleep some more. So at 1800 hours on Sunday, July 2, I should arrive in Yongzhou and play it by ear.
The things I will do for water polo... yes water polo! I just found out that the World League Group A Preliminary Women's Water Polo games are going to be held in Yongzhou on July 3-5, and I couldn't be more excited. Group A is Australia, New Zealand and China, and since this is China's first national team, it should be amazing. I just found of that the Women's Water Polo World Cup is going to be held in China this year. I am probably not going to be here for it, but am so excited to be able to see some of it now. Kinda bummed that the men's games aren't now, because water polo hotties are just what Dr. Jack would order, but I'll live. Not really sure what the plans are, as I can't find much info about Yongzhou on maps or on the net, but I learned how to say water polo in Chinese and am hoping that someone will lead me to the pool and that I can find a safe place to sleep.
2 days and 5 polo games later, I am going to take an overnight train to Guangzhou, which is at the bottom of China, right above Hong Kong, and hang out for the day before catching a flight to Bangkok.
** By the way, water polo is translated as water horse ball, but mayo ma, without the horses!
***Happy Canada Day, Jenn!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home