So much to blog... so little time!
me and Em at the Eiffel Tower
I have heaps to write. 5 or 6 saved blog entries dating back to Auschwitz and then all of my fun with Emily. I will upload and backdate the entries and get them up as fast as I can... but until then, know that I am keeping a good journal and dying to upload all my humorous observations and experiences. We've had an amazing time. My friend Joy and I took Em to the airport yesterday, where she was sooooo close to being bumped but ended up with a business class ticket instead which we were pretty psyched about. Joy and I spent the day nursing our sore heads (we were out til 6am at a cabaret the night before) and tired bodies watching season 3 of Grey's Anatomy and napping.
Today I am sitting in park off of the rue de Versailles, stealing some wifi and listening to tunes. It is beautiful and sunny outside and I am just soaking it all in.
I have an empty belly. It is a really weird thing that I will be home in a week. For at least the next two years of grad school, but just weird to know that my adventure is over for the time being. So much has happened this past year that I can't even articulate. So much growth and passion and pride and freedom and confidence. I know it will be fine, but the process of re-acclimating myself into the USA is a little terrifying. I don't want to forget all of these amazing little moments and memories and the things that I have come to care deeply about. Being alone and spending a lot of time in my own head has really allowed me to figure out me on a much more vulnerable level, and I know a lot of that will get covered over when I am home, but I just want to remember it all.
That's deep enough for now. Gonna get back to soaking up the sun in the park.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home