RECAP Days 10-14
July 10- SO here's the basic schedule to our days... wake up, eat, beach, nap, read, swim, eat, nap, shower, eat, drink... sick. Hedonistic actually. I can't remember the last time I did whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. When I am hungry I eat, sleepy I sleep, bored I read, etc. It is pretty ridiculous. As for time schedule.. Waking up occurs around 11am... The beach is still empty after breakfast at 11:15 and finally fills up when we wake up from nap number 1 at 2pm. Swimming because it gets super hot and reading when we want to nap again. Wonderful and fabulous.
Spent lots of time EMT-ing drunk people and helping them survive the nights.
July 11- groundhogs day. once again. Made two friends, Inbal and Natalie, who Jack met while drunk EMT-ing other people. Very cool girls and lots of fun to hang out with.
July 12- The big day is finally here... The full moon party! Not that the other nights have been shabby at all, in fact, they have been ridiculous.
The highlight of the afternoon was our Reggae Magic Boat Trip. Maybe we are just totally clueless, but Jack and I had NO idea of the meaning behind this trip until Leif looked at us and was like, "ARE YOU KIDDING?" The Reggae Magic Boat Trip was a boat ride on a long tail boat 3/4 of the way around the island to go snorkeling, also including a short hike to some waterfalls, laying on the beach, free dinner and snacks. We thought it was a great bargain... until our guide, Peter Pan, brought out a "magic flute" to amuse us as we rode around the island... and let's just say there was no actual reggae music. Freaking hysterical. We went with Inbal and Natalie and met lots of cool people (including the funny gay guys from the UK and some hottie South African boys that were with two very miserable girls... we wouldnt have been miserable if we were with those boys!)... and laughed the entire time.

This was actually our earliest night to bed.... 4:30... We are just getting old:)
July 13- Quote of the day "If I make it back to my bungalow alive I will be really happy," said some random boy at a restaurant at around 4pm. The island was dead today, and the beach was completely littered with flip flops, buckets, trash and bodies. Oh yeah.
July 14- Woke up and took a ferry to Koh Samui. We almost missed our flight due to a brief but powerful monsoon. Our flight was delayed an hour and that put us in Bangkok later than we had hoped, meaning we would now have to catch the 5am bus to Kanchanaburi. We ordered food drank beer and chatted the night away.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home